Monday, June 24, 2013

Learning something new

This past Saturday I went to a day long workshop, where I learned how to make rings from silver clay (just the basics, of course). How exciting! I've made bracelets, earrings, and pendants before, but have never seen a ring made ever, so for me this was like science fiction. I took several photos of the process (not too many), and thought you might like to see them.
making PMC rings, Zorana art, silver rings
I admit that I was totally distracted while driving home. I kept looking at my rings, not believing that I made them from a small lump of sliver clay.
So, here they are after being fired, tumbled, blackened and polished. Notice how the color of glass changed! They turned into completely different colors! I know that they are not delicate, but I figured that my soul is delicate enough, so other things about me don't have to be.
PMC rings, Zorana art, silver rings
Pretty or not, I feel like a kid in kindergarten, so proud of what I made! I think I just might wear them every day and stop people on the street to tell them "look what I made!".
Or maybe not :-)
Have a happy week!

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful.....I am SO impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zorana, they ARE pretty! And I love your excitement and your joy over it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're beautiful! Glad to know someone else has to fight that urge to share. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gosh zorana, they're *beautiful*!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are Beautiful! They look like silver! I have seen silver clay in craftshops but didn't really know what it was for. Do they need a kiln to be fired?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zorana - these are amazing!!! You should be so proud of yourself. They look like they are made of silver and are so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW! I love both of them. Playing with Silver clay is something I have always wanted to do. I also like that you are wearing them both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow they are stunning!!! I so so want to try the Silver Clay! You can be very proud of yourself, they are absolutely beautiful ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats AMAZING. I love those and so fun to wear a ring you can say, "I made."

    ReplyDelete
  10. definitely worth showing :) Love them both.

    ReplyDelete