Friday, September 7, 2012

Staying with marine life...

Remember when long time ago (in April) I made fake washi tape? I did it again.
watercolor fish colorful painting
I was incredibly lucky this summer to have a chance to snorkel in the warm ocean, surrounded by colorful fish. It was so beautiful that thought I was dreaming... but at the same time was very aware that it is real. I wanted to remember every second and every fish. One of the best experiences in my life.
digital washi tape colorful fish
As you can imagine - I had to put all those colors on paper, so I painted fish in my journal. And today I played with my little paintings - I scanned them, put them in groups, made long lines of fish... I filled a full page of fake fish washi tape.
The above picture shows how the page looked before I added a ton of words, some doodles and pieces of my newly made tape.
art journal watercolor fish
Happy colors... happy fish... happy journal page... Have a very happy weekend!
watercolor fish colorful painting

10 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you have seeen this beautiful fishes by yourself in the warm ocean. marvelous I think. And your tape is gorgewous with it. Goregous work Zorana. Your page is beautiful.
    Lovely greet and nice weekend
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a happy weekend yourself too :) Love all those fish, they're so full of colors. It must have been great to see them in water. Almost envy you )
    Nice idea of making them into washi tape :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zorana I went snorkelling while in Bali earlier this year....isnt it AMAZING! I loved it, and cant wait to do it again.
    Love your colourful fishies!

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine how incredible it must have been to swim amongst colourful fish, I wouldn't be brave enough to do that! I really love the tape, it looks stunning! :)
    Jess x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous fishies! I was so excited to find your comment on my blog this morning that I immediately added your link to my sidebar. I lost you some months ago. I have to go back through your archives and catch up now.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, so fantastic! Love, love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love them........is there going to be a collage sheet!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. dah!!!!! i see there is a collage.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the fish washi tapes! And your journal page is so cute and colorful.

    ReplyDelete