Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Inspired by iPhone art

What do you do when you watch TV and it's really not interesting but you watch it anyway?
I play with my phone. 
iPhoneography, jellyfish, art
I've been working with Photoshop for many years, but was never drawn into manipulating images with it as I am with phone apps. Probably because they are so easy... push of a button and magic happens. I am constantly amazed by the unlimited possibilities to change an image. 
jellyfish
 I started with a blurry, dark, not specially interesting photo of a jelly fish and changed it to this:
 Layered the new image under the original.
 Cropped and changed colors.
Added more punch to it.
And finally, distressed.
iPhoneography, jellyfish, art
And then I was so in love with the colors that I had to see them come alive under the brush. 
It didn't turn out the same (of course), but it was good exercise and a lot of fun.

8 comments:

  1. Excellent exercise...photo to phone to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOW excellent work Zorna. Love the composition and colors. What a great work and that via the TV on your PC and then with ink. Marvelous.
    I must learn to do such work with my PaintShop Pro prgramm. Really wonderful.
    Lovelt greet
    Marja
    (marjascreativity)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great Zorana! I have fun occasionally playing around with Gimp. Especially love doing humorous alterations to family photos. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really took it the extra mile! Those colors are amazing....and what a neat way to inspire yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG amazing! I'm pretty good with Photoshop and altering images on my PC, but the extra step you took turning it into a fabulous painting .... Wish I mastered that too ;-) Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! What an amazing piece of art you made from the gorgeous photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so amazed and what you've done here! I've been enjoying the work you've shared on your blog since earlier this year. I love love LOVE the wonderful texture of your work. Thank you for sharing your spirit with us!

    Karla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's so very kind of you to say so.

      Delete