Saturday, September 1, 2012

Celery as an art tool

As I was cutting different vegetables to make fresh juice, I couldn't help but notice how beautiful the celery looked. Perfect chance to play with my food!
I quickly brayered some color on my Gelli plate, pressed the celery end onto it and pulled a print.
After that I used it as a stamp, adding different colors and stamping it in my journal. I must admit that the results were really nothing special. If I had more time I would have used bolder colors and played with the placement more... maybe that would have looked less than a color splat.
Still, I had fun. It is always nice to do something creative, even when the result isn't spectacular.
Did you know that you can grow a new celery from it's end? I read about it today - here.
 Next time when I have a pretty celery end, I will try it.

8 comments:

  1. learning, learning, always learning.... thanks, zorana .... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really fantastic work Zorana. Great idea too.
    Lovely greet and a nice Sunday
    Marja
    marjascreativity)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I happen to have a cut end of celery ready to go! A great idea! Especially since I am not good at painting flowers at all! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun is the KEY loved that you tried something NEW xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does resemble a rose, though....I like that :)

    ReplyDelete