Friday, August 31, 2012

New collage sheet

collage sheet angels
This is the first collage sheet I put together after almost two years. I decided on a size I never used before - 1"x2", which is good for domino art. Then I challenged myself to see what I can create using just this one collage sheet (and supplies from my studio).
First I made a journal page. It was fun to create long, lean figures and combine words from a book over them. I made sure there is enough space for actual journaling.
journal page
Next was a tiny domino journal. I was surprised to see how fast and easy it is to use the coptic stitch on this small format. It was quicker than it took the encaustic medium, that I brushed on covers, to melt.
domino journal
I showed the ATC cards and little inchies already. 
This was really a fun project. If you like it, and want to play along - this collage sheet, along with 22 others can be found in my recently re-opened etsy shop.
Happy creating!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, so tempting! Love the domino journal especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the Journal page love how you have made them so slender. all are totally yummy I am very tempted ;0) Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this about you...you know how to leverage your art into new things. I never seem to be able to do that. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy Zorana....your collage sheets have inspired some beautiful work. Love it all!

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! Makes me want to see what I have to play with!
    off to check out your new old store :)

    ReplyDelete