Saturday, August 25, 2012

Journal page with details that tell me a story

I found myself sitting in the car for a long time today. For some reason I stopped carrying a little journal with me, so the only piece of paper I could find was a parking slip. Interestingly, that small piece of paper brought me peace. I fished out my favorite pen from the bag and made a quick sketch. Then, instead of throwing it away, as I planned, I took it home and built a journal page around it.
Since this day was all about my daughter, I put on the page some things that tell me a story about it.
 The little snippets really don't mean anything to anyone, except me. And although the journal page isn't a masterpiece, it is exactly what I want from it - a visual and written memory of the day and my feelings about her.
BTW - she is starting her senior year in high school, and I'm trying very hard not to see her as the little nugget she was when she wasn't all grown up and serious. Sigh.....
Happy weekend!

6 comments:

  1. She is beautiful, Zorana....as is the emotion that emanates off this page.
    A mother's love runs deep....and your talent is vast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly why I love Journaling a wonderful page. that doesn't have to mean anything to any one except you. Love it and the page is precious as is your little girl (there always our little ones to me) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw it's so hard beong a parent isn't it? It's lovely that you made a journal page about her. I do this too, art journalling is very thereapeutic. Your creations are lovely. :)
    Jess x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You said "The little snippets really don't mean anything to anyone, except me"...that's exactly the way it should be! It's your journal telling the story of your life.

    Your daughter is just as beautiful as her mother, and I'm sure you'll enjoy her even if she's grown up and serious. You'll just find different ways to do that.

    ReplyDelete