Monday, March 12, 2012

Do you use nail polish?

Do you ever feel that you are having too much fun instead of doing something useful?
I felt like that today because I spent too much time on silliness, but I just couldn't stop. I started with an intention to make a simple journal page with my bird friend from yesterday's post. I wanted it to be quick, so I chose to use just a pencil, some inks and white casein paint. 
And then I don't know what possessed me to use nail polish as "paint". It's probably because I saw the bottles and the colors were so vibrant that I couldn't ignore them (my daughter's, not mine... my nails right now are covered in paint). 
As fun and silly as it was, I knew that I couldn't stand to look at this as a permanent page in my journal, so I went back with more paint and graphite. I'm not sure that this is how the final page will look like, but I really need to work on something more serious now (like preparing tax papers....sigh), so I'll stop playing. Although I really feel pulled to paint some black and white stripes on her neck....

7 comments:

  1. I don't even own any nail polish! It would be a waste of time for me because my hands are always covered in paint.

    I think the birdie would look great with a striped neck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bird that likes to play dress-up :)
    She's cute in all her incarnations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bird is beautiful(with or without her dress up clothes). I don't wear nailpolish very often as I chip it very easily.
    Go with the black and white striped neck he heee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable and beautiful these paintings Zorana. I have used nailpolish in several cards (to see on my blog) Very nice to do. But I can understand that you prefer to paint than prepare tax papers, I have the same problem haha. I enjoy your paintings also this time.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fingers are always stained with paint or ink but I do paint my toenails in the spring and summer.
    I think spending time on silliness IS useful. Even though you covered it all up later, I bet you benefited from the silly play time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such fun!! she's adorable :)
    and thanks for stopping by and leaving a lovely, helpful comment - i know i need to embrace the process and let go of the result... i'm hoping i'll get there by sketching every day... xxx

    ReplyDelete