Friday, March 16, 2012

My new journal

 For years I have admired photos of Judy Wise's journals... I think that the way she mixes writing, collage, painting and puts it all in one book is amazing. I jumped to the opportunity to see how she works and signed up for her online journaling class.
Usually I like to watch how other artists paint and don't participate much, but this time I am very inspired and ready to work through all the prompts and exercises. And because none of my 65 ongoing journals would work, I started by making a brand new one, and filled it with watercolor paper.
We have had rain for days, and it is really dark, so I none of my photos do justice to the journal (the colors are all wrong). I used encaustic medium for most of the cover (the birds are covered with something else, so they have a different texture). I can't get over the wonderful tactile part of it... I just want to keep looking at it and touching the surface, which might trigger me into exploring encaustics some more...
I know what I'll be doing tomorrow... splashing color and words in it :-)
Have a happy weekend!

9 comments:

  1. oh what a yummy journal........love your birdies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could touch your journal...it looks amazing!

    This weekend we're supposed to be getting the rain that you've been having plus wind and cooler temperatures so it will be studio time for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, love your birdies and the journal. It looks amazing Zorana.
    Lovely greet and a nice weekend
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous is this!! Really stunning cover.
    Can't wait to see the painted pages coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gift - to be able to make your own journal to then fill with your thoughts and dreams... just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so special to make your own personal journal. I look forward to the art you create in it......you've got a great start because the cover is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe this great journal with bird on covers will be filled with lovely art of yours ♥ ♥ Super start of a happy journey filling it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this journal. It is so lush looking. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, and isn't Judy's class great...I too have been wanting to see her process!

    ReplyDelete