Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Snail bird?

Thank you for cheering for me in the running department! I thought of you while I was fighting with the treadmill yesterday. It wasn't an easy day, but I pushed through (btw - DJ - I wear Vibram five finger shoes... check them out, funny looking!).
Look who I've met when I took a walk:
Isn't he adorable?
Look at the hair style!!! I love love LOVE it!
Now, why would I turn such a sweet bird into something silly looking as the thing on my page?
I should have looked at my photos and  drew him better.
Unfortunately, there is no help for my page - my creature will never look like the real bird.
I couldn't stand looking at it, so I made some changes. I turned him into a snail bird.
I think it looks better, and his butterfly friend agrees with me.

4 comments:

  1. I love the bird....it looks sooo girly with the pink cheeks and the hint of "full lashes".... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Z, I love your new blog layout! So fresh and airy; just what the doctor ordered for heavy summer days. Your bird photos are fab, kid. Wish I could wear my hair like that. :-)
    The magic of journaling is that it doesn't have to match reality. So, do what makes you happy. :-)
    Thanks for the info on the shoes, sweet friend ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that we're seeing some really nice photography more often here now too! Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete