Thursday, July 22, 2010

Quick and relaxing

So simple, so relaxing... I glued a background of my own printed artwork, grabbed a couple of water soluble oil pastels, a worn-out brush, gesso and a pencil and just started playing. It was very fast and completely fulfilling. I was a new person, with a happier new attitude after I finished these.
I wish I had the camera turned on so that you can see how fun it was. I even "made" my daughter and husband try when they walked in my room. Hana wasn't in the mood so she made a safe, simple rabbit (complaining that gesso turns everything white). DH was having more fun and was just scribbling with two colors and smiling when the 'creature' emerged.
I'll try to make a youtube video of the process when we return from the vacation
(leaving tomorrow YAY!!!)

7 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL! Can't WAIT for you to do a You-tube video. I've watched the one on rosin paper about 20 times, at least!! Sharon Pendergraft

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...i love the one with the short hair and bangs..great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had much luck with the water soluble oil pastels. I would love to see a video of how you use the!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look absolutely amazing! I relly have to find time to have fun like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love to see people play and ENJOY their art.
    These are wonderful, just like their creators.
    Happy Weekend ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. can't wait to see the vids - i soooo enjoyed the last ones :)

    hope you're having a great holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Zorana,
    Just yummy, I love their eyes, always so soulful...
    I like that you include your family in your art times...xx..julia

    ReplyDelete