Monday, July 19, 2010

20 minutes!!!

I'm so proud of myself that it's embarrassing. I don't remember when was the last time that I was walking around with a huge grin on my face as now. Why? Because I finished week 5 of my "Couch to 5k" training and I did it well!!! Five weeks ago I would have laughed at the though of running 20 minutes. I would consider even 3 minutes an accomplishment. But 20!!!! I feel like I'm on the top of the world and wish that I could turn into a Forest Gump like creature and run without stopping for days. It is soooo cool!
I even asked Hana to take my picture as soon as I finished it so that I can remember how good it felt. The photo landed on my journal page. Not the best page in the world, but very personal and as such - perfect for a journal. Now, can I run for 30 minutes? And will it make me thin and fit overnight (just joking and wishing). Three more weeks of training... we'll see.

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations! A wonderful accomplishment and you made some great journal pages alos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd give you a pat on the back but I'm sure I'd never catch up to you.
    Congratulations!

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats, dear zorana!! it IS a big accomplishment!! well done for sticking at it :)
    and yes, it WILL make you fitter and slimmer xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, this is great. I've been thinking about running again for a while, but not started yet :)
    Journal page is awesome just because it's so personal :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is huge! You should be proud. I'm proud of you too. I hurt thinking about you doing that. And what a great journal page too. You are the queen of journals among other queendoms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is awesome! Congratulations you did it. Love the page that you did too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Marathon, Batman!
    TWENTY minutes?
    In only five weeks?
    I am SO PROUD of you...please put this on a billboard somewhere, or shout it from a mountain-top, call the news channel...sheesh!
    You are one inspirational female is all I can say...I'm flabbergasted...
    You're awesome...
    KEEP GOING !!!
    Oh, what kind of shoes are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, girl! Running is fun. I have been thinking of running a 5K run next year so I have been working to get there. It's so relaxing to just run and let all the stress drain out of you.

    Love that painting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Zorana,
    Loving your latest posts!!...full of DRIVE!!!!...and this journal art...such movement in the figures...your art always inspires me...xxx..julia

    ReplyDelete