Thursday, July 1, 2010

I am determined

Please notice that I didn't write "she is" like I usually do. It's because it's about me. I want to succeed.
For most of my life I thought that I am the only person on this planet that cannot run... even when I was younger/thinner/fitter my lungs felt like they will explode after 30 seconds. A full minute was my max! I know that my lungs are fine and healthy, so my guess is that it has to be in my head.
Lately, I've started to whisper to myself that I know I can do it if I play it smart and really, really try...
I found an 8-week long program online called "From couch to 5k" and decided to become friends with my treadmill. I'm on week 3 and so far so good... I'm actually enjoying it. I wear my funny Vibram shoes and I believe that they help.
Do you think I do it? Can I train myself to run (ok - to jog, move a bit faster than walking)? Three miles...
Exactly how long the path close to my home is.
If you know any mind tricks I can play to make this work, please share.
I'm putting it out there in the open, stating my intention...
I am determined to succeed.
- spread in my journal -

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place you have to run!! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that you put this out there. I can so relate. A voice in my head often tells me to run but I ignore it , though I really need to get fit. I also love them Vibram shoes. I am going to look those up. I really believe that you can succeed . You just have to push through one step at a time. I know you can do it. I also love this piece of art , beautiful Texture.
    You go girl!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter just got a pair of Vibram shoes...she loves them!
    I walk very fast, but never run...I hate the bouncing involved.
    I love this journal spread.
    You will do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, look at the determination in the portrait's face ..!
    If you have half of that, you're gonna do more than three miles, my friend.

    Take the ups, take the downs, and keep going.
    Make milestones of landmarks along the way. "If I can just make it to that tree..."
    The next day, make it to the tree again. Then finish with walking.
    The next day, go a bit farther to another landmark, then finish with walking.
    Some people need a repetitive mantra; some people need music; some people need self-talk.
    You're inspirational !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course you can do this! ! Much Love, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll do it and you have a beautiful place to do it in.

    I like the journal spread and the fact that you painted it shows how determined you are I think.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you can do it.... I agree you have a beautiful place to run.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you can do it too. Just keep practicing...build up a little at a time and you will be there in no time.. Kevin just finished another marathon..he says take it one at at a time and build up too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Zorana! Its been awhile since I peeked in on everyone in blogland! Just stopping by to say Hi and a hearty "You Go Girl". I use to run quite a bit and learned the hard way that trying to go at it too fast is rough on the body..so your slow and steady progress will see you through! Hope you'll stop by and follow my "Artist Way" journey!Take Care!

    ReplyDelete