Monday, October 5, 2009

Trouble with color

It's not what you are that's holding you back,
it's who you think you're not.

I'm so frustrated with my ability to present this painting correctly... The above image is scanned (which usually works really well); the bellow one is a photo. Both are wrong. My painting definitely has warm tones, as the scan shows, but not as much crazy color. On the other hand - I used a lovely gold-toned color... not metallic gold, more like a gold shimmer (in the hair and on the face) and it doesn't show at all.


I guess the best I can do is to invite you all to come and visit me and see it in person.... Wouldn't that be fun?

7 comments:

  1. I really would like that, I think it's looking great but I know the problem with the real colours. Great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, I'm checking on travelocity right now. How about late October/early November?
    Those warm colors are always troublesome. But who whould have known. It is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may not appear as you would wish, but both portrayals are rich and vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, I just asked my printer guy about that same problem last week. He explained that some brighter colors we use in real life, are out of range for what shows on the web or that can be scanned. Anyway, the colors look beautiful and it a great painting! Lots of layering and depth, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a beautiful piece of art no matter how you look at it :)
    I am struck by your saying...I find it very profound and so very true.
    One thing I know for sure is that you are a true artist.
    I will be in your area in February 2010...hmmmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that quote....and your canvas is wonderful! I would love to pop over and take a look. We'd have such fun (especially if Sharon was visiting at the same time).

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love your work...so free...very beautiful!!
    ~jodi :)

    ReplyDelete