Friday, October 9, 2009

This week

What a week.... It started with a big black limo slamming my car while I was on the red light. The car will need a new bumper, I will need a new neck. Not really, I'm feeling much better now than I did on Monday. Then I heard sad news from across the ocean... which made me think about our mortality even more. And this morning I was stuck in a traffic jam on the freeway, barely moving, with a yellow light on my dashboard screaming "you will be out of gas now"...
The good part of the week was that I managed to surprise the one that always surprises me (my darling husband) with tickets to a performance of his favorite musician. That was an amazing evening! I had a pleasure of enjoying the music, the look on my husband's face and the excitement of our daughter (as this was the first time she saw a live performance of such talented musicians). That was definitely the highlight of the week!

Other than that.... I LOVE MYSTELE'S CLASS and am sad to say that I had very little time to enjoy it. I chose one of my red rosin paper journals to use as a 'gut art' journal. I played a little bit with the cover, added some red tape and transparent tape all over the cover. I remembered that I did that on my journals in high school and wanted to have that same feel on this one. It doesn't show on the photo, but it's interesting.

It says "Embrace the Passion". Embracing the passion of a gentleman with flowers is easy.

It's the other passions that are hard to embrace. I have been constantly struggling with the fact that I have to live the life I have spending most of my time doing things I don't care for (work). This week it hit me especially hard because there was just almost no time for art. And yes, I am grateful that I have a job and all of that, but also resentful that I can't do what I really want to and dream about. How do you embrace the passion if you can't find it in most of your day?
Anyway.... Back to what I did manage to do. I did two assignments for the class and was so happy with what I learned (or realized). Exploring... that's the main thing, and being open to whatever shows up.

For the second page I had a painfully small amount of time, so it's not finished. But I did manage to 'paint-sketch' what I wanted.

It's all good.... Today is Friday. I expect to paint all afternoon and I'm sure that I'll feel better after I do. And then maybe I'll come back and delete the all "poor me" parts of this post.
Have a happy weekend! xo

4 comments:

  1. Well Rats! about the bumper and the traffic and work. Great that you got to see J. Cook in person. Was that at Yoshi's?

    I'm going to have to check out Mystele's site since I see you and our friend are both taking the class.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats the trouble with having to *work* to support our habit (and our families of course!). Our creativity gets pushed to the back until we have time to play.
    I work in an office, looking at reports and the computer screen all day...to lift my spirits at work I have bought a beautiful hot pink pen (to highlight any changes I make) and a gorgeous bee stamp that I put on each page after analysis...makes me smile inside and brings some colour to a dreary day.
    Sorry to hear about your car...ouch! Poor car and poor you. Hope you are enjoying your weekend with family and art. The class with Mystele sounds wonderful and I'm enjoying seeing what you girls are creating.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, zorana! absolutely delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nooo you do need a poor me time! That is awful your week! actually can be very tramatic! I hope you are feeling better. Your art looks wonderful I love seeing what you produce!

    ReplyDelete