Thursday, October 1, 2009

Playing with paint

This is what happens when I'm too tired to really think about what I'm painting:

I pick up pieces of cardboard, paper, several colors, 2 brushes and dirty water...

I turn on the TV in the next room and watch reruns of NCIS (which I never watched before and don't understand my current fascination with it)...

And I paint.... The tv keeps me from thinking, planing, judging...

Suddenly these characters emerge and I feel totally happy and relaxed.

You should try it. Maybe NCIS is not your thing (wasn't mine either before this week), but something that will quiet the side of the brain that wants to control what we do. I really enjoy it!
Happy October! xo

5 comments:

  1. These are fantastic Zorana...I especially love the one with the butterfly.
    Hey... I love NCIS too! I am a new convert, also watching the re-runs for the first time and loving it!
    Great tip about drawing while watching the TV. I recently did some sketching while watching TV and was quite pleased with the results (which is unusual). I didnt make the correlation though, so thanks for pointing it out, will be doing that again!

    Have a lovely weekend Zorana.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the paintings, I also just started watched NCIS, and now I cant miss it......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I better check out NCIS and see if it will help my painting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. NCIS it is. Haven't seen it yet but have been told I need to watch.
    Fun paintings!

    ReplyDelete