Monday, September 28, 2009

Pink Roses

From time to time I have to paint roses. My angle brush starts calling my name and I can see only pinkish/red and white tones.

So I don't resist it. I paint roses.

And then I decide who will carry the rose.


Or who will stand on the rose.

I used a 12.5"x14" piece of weathered wood and painted both sides. Why waste a perfectly good surface, right? This way it can be turned from one side to the other... two paintings in one. I liked that idea. And I also love the crackle finish. Look at the details.... so many patterns to explore.

- offered on etsy -

13 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful with her rosy cheeks and all but you know I am such a sucker for your roses. There should be roses in every painting you paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!Z,your roses are the best. I'm glad that your brushes call to you.
    The crackle effect really sets them off...fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. words can say how much i love this, the rose the girl, the crackle, oh to have your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your roses are simply beautiful!!!! That was sweet about your husband...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I can say that you have the most beautiful crackle on this piece that I have ever seen!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love the rose and those crackle details are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I could paint roses like yours I'd be covering every surface with roses, roses, roses. I think I can actually smell them.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so love this painting, Zorana. The roses, the little bird, the girl. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your roses (always have). Its been lovely reading the posts I've missed lately and seeing your lovely bird.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! The colors and textures are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is beautiful...I agree with Sharon...your roses are amazing.
    The crackle finish is great.

    ReplyDelete