Monday, September 14, 2009

Don't ask...

Don't ask what this is.... or who they are.... or where did they come from. I don't know. All I know is that they needed to be painted.
Do you know about Mystele's "pulled art" or her upcoming class? I can't wait for it to start so that we can play together. This is what I saw in my 'pulled art' piece. And I tried "seeing" different things, not painting the weird creatures... but it didn't work. And while painting them I really started to feel the connection and love and now I think it's one of my favorite pieces. Weird, but very much in tune with what I have been trying to do since Katie Kendrick's workshop. I will write an excerpt from a book she recommended (Life, Paint and Passion - reclaiming the magic of spontaneous expression):
"Good rules to follow: If it has a reason, be skeptical. If it makes sense, furthers the story, balances the color, or ties the painting together, there is a good chance that it is the voice of control. If it comes uninvited - if it does not fit or make sense - dare it! If you are not sure where it is coming from - your head or your heart - do it anyway. You will learn in the doing."
Wonderful, isn't it?

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic!!! I'm anxiously waiting for Mystele's class. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this Zorana!!!! Must go and check out Mystele's class, sounds like fun!
    Have you checked out the blog of Lynne Hoppe (one of my all time favourites). She does lots of wonderful creatures too.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! It's such a nice change of pace. I always find the odd people in paintings catch my eye moreso than the pretty ones.

    I haven't heard about Mystele's class. I will have to go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cool, zorana. the quote is wonderful! these characters remind me of some of my favorite children's books- the sweet pickle gang. i am so glad you let the quirky characters do their thing. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it is!
    I love all the colors you used. Reminds me a little of Laurel Burch's work.
    On my way to check out Mystele's class.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love this..Normal is not fun..
    Katelen LOL

    ReplyDelete