Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Playing in my journal

Sometimes I don't want to think, I just want to push some paint. Without an idea, concept or inspiration... just a brush or two, some paint and my journal. This is one of those pages. Except - I didn't start on a blank page. See those reddish marks on the right side? I found something that even the sturdy moleskine pages can't resist. I squiggled Dr. Ph. Martin's Persimmon watercolor paint directly from the bottle on the opposite side. Obviously - it went through! Who would have guessed! I think it just added to the funny character that appeared on the opposite page. Fun! Love happy mistakes.

8 comments:

  1. you make some awesome mistakes. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about you and here you are! LOVELY page today...we don't see as many dragonflies as I would like. I love everything about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have known those were a mistake if you hadn't said something. Very cool page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too!!! Some of the best inventions have been mistakes.
    Your's follow in that tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mistakes are sometimes good. I would not of known they were mistakes. A good painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous journal page...I like how the red has bled through (I have that trouble with my moleskin journal...I have glued a couple of pages together...should have just gone with the flow).
    Love the diversity of your faces!

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have done the same in my Moleskine. Happy mistakes are the best!
    I love her skinny neck..if only I could achive that look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, a really "happy" mistake. I love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete