Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Decisions. Choices. Growing up.

Look at this cute little bird. What is going through her mind? Is she happy that she is out of the cage or is she longing to go back? Is a cage always a cage? Those were some of the questions that I was thinking about while painting this yesterday.

The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.
Flora Whittemore

This is the first watercolor paper that I used from Elinor's collection. It is pretty amazing. I loved the texture and that it is so very heavy (probably 140 lb or could it be more?) and the way the colors look on it. As usual, here are some details:

Hana started high school. That's a big deal, right? My little girl not so little anymore. Wasn't it yesterday that I walked her to kindergarten? (She told me that she doesn't like this picture at all... Why? Her bone structure is wrong or ugly or something like that. Could you believe that answer? lol)

Happy September!

6 comments:

  1. That HAIR? I am Hanna's hair stalker... lol She looks fantastic- congrats, mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh to have that bone structure, she will have to fight the high school boys off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely painting and the words hit home...as always, you lift me up, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your creations! Especially the bottom one with bad bone structure. Oh lordy. Yep she's in highschool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter is so beautiful....obviously takes after her mum. Beautiful art as always Zorana. Bernie in Aus

    ReplyDelete
  6. One day she will look back on this picture and say 'MAN I had a great hair day that day!'

    ReplyDelete