Thursday, September 3, 2009

A painting.

This is what was born from my brush yesterday afternoon.

It's relatively big - 11.5"x15" on that same 300g watercolor paper that I used the day before. I just love how it soaks up layers and layers of paint and mediums and allows me to play. I guess that's why I painted for many hours; I just couldn't stop layering. Of course, it always shows better in the close ups.


I didn't take pictures of different stages for a while, so I thought this might be a good idea. Not the best photos.... I didn't want to take time to make the lighting right, so you can see probably my shadow and other things.

My new favorite thing to do is to search through and listen at playlists on youtube. Yesterday I was in mood for Chopin. It was very hot, but I was feeling very comfy in my room with piano music, this lady and her cat keeping me company.

Poor thing. I wonder why is she sad.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Zorana, your work is always lovely, luscious and just heart stopping. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so nice. I like your paintings so much. You make beautiful eyes, something I find very difficult myself.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I look at your paintings I have to go paint..today is no exception. Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful colours Zorana! So warm....
    Maybe the heat is making the kitty so sad? Must be hard in a fur coat in the heat.

    Always lovely popping by for a visit.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zorana,

    Wow is all I can say. well no I can say more. I think your work recently seems to have so much more depth in it. Whatever it is that you are doing now keep at it because the results are incredible.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh your work I just want to touch, your paint pallet holds the most amazing colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zorana: I have read your blog for a while and love your art. I especially like your use of animals and birds. As a very, very much fledgeling artist I appreciate your showing some of the steps in creating your art. Thank you so much for sharing your talent! KateAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such sad kitty eyes...beautiful painting as usual.

    ReplyDelete