Thursday, August 13, 2009

She hoped

I remember that I painted this sweet face once before... I'll have to look through my journals and find her and see how much she changed. My new love is painting on cardboard. Just ripped sides from a cardboard box. Very fun! For some reason this one needed a "frame", so I stitched it to a piece of watercolor paper and very thick and richly textured art paper. Adding a little glass bird made me happy. And, yes Sharon, I look at it now and see that (yet again) I forgot to sign it (I hear your voice telling me that all the time). Still thinking about Elinor... that's where where the words came from (and also the paper - it is from her stack).
- available on etsy -

4 comments:

  1. Now you have me wanting to paint on cardboard. Thanks for stopping by and homework comments. How are you doing with the class?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you! I'm sure by now you have signed it. I'm tellin you....you got the mojo going. She is so sweet and I love that you stitched on this and added the little bird. I saw it immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Sharon, I spotted the great little bird immediately. You are being so brilliantly productive these days.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful painting, lovely with energy and color.

    ReplyDelete