Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hi and Welcome Back!

I wasn't planning to bring the blog back to life, but some things just HAVE TO be recorded and I'm so used to recording them on my blog that I decided to open it up again. Not only have a closed my blog, I was also preparing to sell most of my supplies and close the little studio, planing never to play art again. Thankfully, a "Wingkeeper" flew from Texas and saved me. She brought smiles, enthusiasm, understanding, kindness, knowledge and gifts. Look at the aprons! This is the first and the last time you'll see me in it. It belongs on a wall as a decoration, and is not meant to be splattered with paint (like she did).
We spent two days at workshops organized by very fabulous Cindy in Los Gatos, CA. Not only did she enable us to take classes with great teachers, she also took care that we have anything and everything we might wish for. It was worth going to just for the cookies and brownies she made...
Unfortunately, I didn't have luck with my cameras. All my iPhone photos got deleted, and the camera I took had wrong settings on... plus - I didn't bother to take too many of them. I was just in awe of being in presence of Judy Wise and Katie Kendrick that I really didn't want to waste time clicking the camera button too often. 
Both ladies are generous, sparkly, fun, warm, lovely and oh-so-talented! It was pure joy to watch them work. We had a chance to look (and touch) their journals, which was a very moving experience for me. As a fellow journaler I know how much of our feelings get mixed with the paints and paper and I could feel it from their pages. 
I loved every minute of it! It sparked back the creative fire. Now I plan to make something every day, fight the demons that tell me that it is not good enough or will never be good enough. It doesn't have to be. If I ever get back in the non-blogging, non-creating mood - would someone please come visit and talk some sense back into me? 

14 comments:

  1. so lovely to see a post from you Zorana, sometimers we just need a break from it all to refresh our passion.... The aprons are just stunning, looks like you had a ball at your classes, im taking 4 days of classes with Judy Wise in March, cant wait!!!
    xx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful surprise. Even though we were always in contact, I missed your blogging so much. Thank you,

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most wonderful news! I am so glad you are back. I missed seeing your art and your wonderful posts. The blogging world really had a hole in it when you were gone. Now the sun has come out again.

    Welcome back....

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're finding your mojo again. I too missed your posts. It was great to see your name highlighted in bloglines. Sometimes the fire does appear to go out, but really it is only smouldering, ready to burst back into flame again. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to see you blogging again Zorana! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so thrilled you decided to do this!!!! You are too talented, too sweet with LOTS to offer that is was a true shame you closed up. I am delighted that Sharon was able to inspire you to open back up again....share your art...share YOU again!
    I can't tell you how wonderful it was to finally meet you in person, to hear your voice, see your art in person. What a lovely couple of hours it was and I so hope we can do it again!
    XOXOXO
    p.s. love the pieces you created in the workshops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank heaven's Sharon left me a trail to follow. I'm another one who is glad to see you blogging again.

    Darla

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Zorana--I just found your blog at the bottom of your email to me, so I landed here. I am in awe of your work, as I was when I saw it in class. You are an artist in the truest sense of the word--I could see your soul laid bare on your pages. I was shocked to read that you almost gave it all up, and that you were struggling with such doubts. Oh, thank the lucky stars that Sharon guided you to my neck of the woods!! You have so much to offer, and I just loved meeting you--let's stay in touch. xoxo cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been away from the computer for a few days and what do I find when I scan through my google reader....posts from you!!! I'm thrilled to see you back in Blogland and creating again. It would have been too much if you had quit altogether. You have way too much talent to keep it all bottled up. Yea! I love what you did in this workshop....and I'm sooo jealous!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I saw some photo's of recent art on Flickr I was hoping you had decided to come back to blogging and more importantly to your art! Am SO pleased your creative spark has been ignited. Was sad to read you had thought of getting rid of your art supplies.
    Very, very happy you have been doing classes with Judy Wise and Katie Kendrick. Have heard nothing but good things about them.
    You ARE good enough, your art is BEAUTIFUL and you are a beautiful soul.
    Much love
    Dot xx
    P.S Sharon is indeed a angel and I am happy she rescued you! Those aprons are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ditto on all of the above comments! I am soooo glad to see you back and creating. I must thank Sharon too.
    You have my word...I will come out there and bring you back if you should decide to stray again.
    You are very talented and must believe that!
    Welcome back to blogland!
    xo suze

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so happy to see you here again. We all need our Angels and Sharon is without a doubt your Angel.
    I am so excited that you did An Artful Journey. I will be doing one in February 2010 with D.J.Pettit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I am so happy you are back. On a whim, I decided to visit your blog again just to revisit your work. I was thrilled to see you are back. Your new work is so fresh and vibrant. And you are so right that the face does not have to be perfect. Often it is the emotion which needs to be conveyed and proportions are not necessary for that!

    k

    ReplyDelete
  14. aiiiii!!! i didn't realize you were back!!! YES!!!!

    ReplyDelete