Saturday, April 18, 2009

Enjoying the company

A journal page...
When I page through my journals most of the time I remember where I was/what was I feeling/thinking when I painted something. So, what will I remember about this page? That my 14-year old girl decided to spend an hour and a half watching me paint and not on her computer. Totaly unexpected for a Friday afternoon... She chatted away while I painted, giving coments from time to time (like - you gave her a mustache, she's starting to look cute etc.). When I said I don't know what to do with her hair (I left that for almost the end), Hana jumped in, took my brush and painted the hair without thinking twice. After she saw me strugling with the eyelashes, she did the same thing... I was amazed with the no-thinking way she just jumped into my painting. She wasn't second-guessing herself or overthinking it... just plunged into the paint and adding what she wanted. Needless to say - I love her additions and I love the time we spent together. That's what I'll think of when I see this page in years to come. Have a happy weekend!

10 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful memory to have and post as well...I am so happy to see you back online! And your radishes..congratulations! I don't think I have ever grown something from seed before...well...our lawn we planted from seed...but to eat? Marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this painting and a joint effort with your daughter makes it even more special. Sweet story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful collaboration. I love this story it touches the heart of every Mother.
    I see that you have a great start on making dolls :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect... I love your story. Sometimes I wish I could just jump in and just "do it" instead of overthinking things. The young are better at it than we are.

    Special memories for sure.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a team you and Hana are. She is like your muse sitting there and taking it all in and then adding her expertise so effortless. This is a beautiful face. I love each feature. So perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came to look again and I am right! perfect

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful and sweet story. And what a gorgeous painting... one where you will always remember the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this with us Zorana, I love this picture, the colour of the skin, the smile as well...Yes, i suffer from overthinking everything and would much rather let go and relax more, but still havent got that down to a fine art..cuse pun...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful page and what a great memory;)

    ReplyDelete