Friday, April 17, 2009

An unexpected gift

Isn't it wonderful when you open your mailbox and find an unexpected gift happily looking at you? Something so different from the regular junk mail and bills... I took one glance at this amazing box and recognized Fiona's fine work. As you see, I couldn't wait to open it... (the photo came later).
I always admired journals made from many different papers and always wanted one for myself, but never made it. Could you imagine my surprise when I saw exactly what I wanted in the box? Every page different, on every page something to look at, different texture, color, a drawing, envelope, poem, handwriting... just beautiful! It feels like it doesn't need anything added... like it is a finished book with enough interesting things to make you want to open it again and again.My daughter rolled her eyes when she saw the cover. She said "Even your blog friends know that you are obsessed with your garden..." I had to laugh at that. What a perfect cover! Thank you Fiona! I don't know how I deserved this, but I'm very grateful and it made me very happy.
And about my obsession with the garden.... true.... very true.... I could spend hours just looking at it (and thankfully not having to do anything except water it and love it). The only art I managed in last who knows how many days was this cross-eyed girly and her radishes.
I love my garden
An ode to my glorious radishes... the first thing I grew from seed! To me it's pretty magical and amazing (not to mention crunchy and tasty).
My first radishes :-)

2 comments:

  1. I could never get tired of seeing your garden and now to get to see your garden journal. So special. That Fiona is a honey for sure. What a sweet little journal she surprised you with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How have you been? It is wonderful to see your beautiful work. Hoping all is well.

    ReplyDelete