Friday, March 20, 2009

Update

This is a post that I prepared to upload on my blog on Friday, but something unexpected happened and I couldn't get to it. I wanted to give a quick photo update of what was happening the two weeks I was not blogging.
I planted a square foot garden. It is amazingly simple and I think looks adorable:
I can't help looking at it and noticing every tiny little change.
I end every working day with words: "Bye-bye. It's time for me to go home and look at my little radishes". And here is a picture of them from 5 days ago... they look very different now.
While I am busy looking at my plants grow, my sister is going to be busy watching here new baby grow. Here he is, ready to leave the hospital. He is wearing the same thing my son did 22+ years ago... That's my sister... she knows how to get you all emotional (like looking at a newborn wasn't enough). I didn't even know that she was keeping that little piece with the blue-dotted heart. A new boy in our family:
Back to plants.... No more babies for me (although I must admit I did dream about little ones these nights). Do you know what these are?
Tulips! We didn't plant the bulbs on time... it was way too late for them to be planted, but they decided to reward us with beautiful flowers anyway! I've never seen tulips open so low to the ground. I love it!
I love my daffodils and poppies too.... and the rose buds and purple trees and everything. What can I say... I'm very much into plants these days... They make me happy.
What about art? Almost nothing... I don't feel like I have anything new to say there, so I'm not really creating. The only thing I made is this little girl on a piece of wood.
And one other thing that I don't really want to show. I'll show only details - they are always the coolest anyway.
That's about it.... I am entering again a very busy period at work, one that will leave me tired and unable to do much else. Reading your blogs will be like having a happy vacation for my eyes and soul... even if I might not be able to comment. Wishing you a wonderful week!
xoxoxoxoxoxo

8 comments:

  1. Wow Zorana, so much goodness here. I adore your garden and those tulips, oh my gosh, I've never seen anything like it.

    The little pieces, the details, you shared of that piece... they are incredible!!!

    Take care,

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hellllloooooo,
    Mary mary quite contrary ....and all that how does your garden grow. What a beautiful little garden. And radishes are so fun to grow because they do it by leeps and bounds. I missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you blogging?? Aren't you snowed in? You get around.. :)

    I love these pictures...all of them...and I love the feeling that checking for new growth brings.. hope and excitement.

    Happy week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is wonderful...thank you for the link. I have been talking to my Husband about a raised garden bed.
    Your painting is wonderful...love the great details on the other one.
    It will be nice knowing that you have come to see me...whether you comment or not...you are always welcome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet and beautiful little baby.
    I will be seeing my new Granddaughter in two weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zorana,

    Glad to see you posting again. I love seeing your garden. The new life is so precious. Loved those tulips. The details on your art are great. Love to see the whole piece sometime.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the new banner...love the veggies...love the bubble girls...and i love you too...blessings, rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about this post! The gorgeous flowers, the veggie garden, the beautiful art, the delicious new baby...

    This little website is a lovely place to visit -- you have a lot of beauty in your life!

    ReplyDelete