Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Just because...

Did I ever write how much I love my husband? If not - now is the perfect time. We have been together for 24 years and he still finds ways to surprise me and make things interesting. Let me share a special story...
Last Friday I was sitting at my desk at work, trying to figure out what needs to be done and how much can I finish before I become free to go home. I had floating thoughts about the weekend, about our son visiting from college, how I need to stop at the store and buy things so that I can prepare his favorite meals, how I need to pay the bills, do the laundry etc. etc.... all the things you don't get to do over the work week. Around noon, the door opened and I saw a familiar face. My husband showed up, holding an envelope in his hand, saying that he has a job for me. I was in complete shock. I didn't even know what to think... I opened the envelope, saw the words Tahoe, cottage... but still didn't connect the dots.
He had to spell it out for me.... He rented a cottage on Tahoe for us to spend the weekend, made secret arrangements with my boss, packed everything I might need in the car, talked to our son so that he can take care of Hana (and return my car home). All I needed to do is - pick my purse, sit in his car and relax. Isn't that AMAZING??????? I couldn't believe it! When I finally understood that it is really happening, I started jumping up and down and pretty much dancing in the middle of the street... My son says he doesn't remember when was the last time that he saw me being that happy.
How could I not have been happy??? To leave work much earlier than I should, not to think about anything except two and a half days of pure bliss.... And that's exactly how it was - blissful. Every single second was beautiful. We walked, talked, cooked together, snuggled, enjoyed the scenery, talked some more.... and wished that it would last forever.
My coworker asked if it was our anniversary... or my birthday... or some other special date. When I said it wasn't, she whispered: "So it was just because..." YUP! Just because... we love each other and needed this time to rest and spend together and connect.... And now I feel great! For a long time I was feeling some kind of heaviness in my chest, but it completely disappeared... it's light and soft and warm. I feel very lucky. And I love him very, very much (and miss him because he's gone on a business trip this week).

11 comments:

  1. He's definitely a keeper! Glad you are feeling more chilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that heavy feeling is gone. And then I must say.....you are such a Queen Princess Goddess!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that the heavy is gone....maybe the art is ready to return.. I was so happy to see this post this morning..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a lucky woman and he is lucky also to have you.
    I love this story and the fact that you were able to just be and enjoy.
    I mentioned and linked to you in my latest post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is the sweetest story!! I agree with Fiona...he is definitely a keeper!! (You know that already, don't you)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Zorana - what a beautiful post! I am sitting here at work with a feeling of love flowing over me and the thought of your happiness.

    I am so happy to hear you had a special weekend and that is was a lovely surprise too. You are a beautiful person and you deserved this weekend away.

    Lovely to have time out from your responsibilities. Your husband is such a darling to arrange this surprise and take care of all the details.

    Am so pleased that the heaviness in your chest has gone too.

    I love you(very much).

    Dot xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. how very wonderful, zorana! thank you for sharing with us. wanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweetie! You are a lucky girl....now about that new art....

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is absolutely nothing better than a gesture, gift or weekend getaway that comes 'JUST BECAUSE'! What a loving thing to do for you....I am so glad he did that because I can even sense the lightness you feel through your words!! Happy Day!
    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lucky you are to have such a wonderful "just because" gift!

    Your post sounds light, upbeat, happy...am glad to hear the heaviness is gone. A weekend of snuggling with your honey does wonders for the soul!

    ReplyDelete