Wednesday, March 11, 2009

It's orange!

You know that life is good when you receive something like this in your mailbox. She calls it 'mail art'. I think it's art that needs a frame and a wall so that everyone can see it.
bl_Sharon
I am enjoying the warmer weather and sun. It gave me more energy and happy moods than I had in a while, so I'm spending much less time in front of the computer. I wish I could say the same about the TV, but I got sucked up by "American Idol" and "Dancing with the Stars", so most of my evenings are spent in front of the screen. I did paint a little bit.
This colorful girl was inspired by the beautiful owls I received from Jacky. Can you see them?
Colorful owls
The other one has words that I read somewhere in the blogosphere... I don't know where, but I liked them so they are here.
Light
My daughter Hana wants to thank you all for supporting her wish to have the walls painted orange. We waited for the right time (dh leaving for a business trip) to try it out... He will be so surprised when he returns! Here is Hana hard at work:
Could it be brighter? Maybe if we put pale yellow big polka dots over the orange? At least, that's what she thinks... We had an extremely fun time trying to squeeze between the fresh paint and the furniture piled in the middle of the room. The afternoon was filled with laughter and jokes and that meant to me more than any 'calm' color ever could.

11 comments:

  1. haha.....love how you guys tried it out when dh was away...totally somethign I would have done too..and I like the color, Hanna...nice job!

    So nice to hear from you again...don't work too much..and keep enjoying the sun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. spelled hana wrong...my apologies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wear orange it's hideous on me...but I have had several oranges rooms over the years. Loving each and every one. Right now my downstairs powder room is done in a whimsical orange...good for you surprising dh! He'll love that he didn't have to be a part of it!!

    Cheers Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. YaY! For the orange. It's very Sunkist. I always do daring things when Dh is away. Then I wait and see how long it takes him to notice.
    Great post.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I can't wait to see it. You are the best Mom. And I love the polka dot plan too. What a fun and sweet memory that you made.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! You did it! I think the orange looks perfect for Hana and I'm sure painting that room will be one of her favorite memories.

    Love all the artwork....the owls are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's a lovely, warm, energizing colour - i love it!! :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. HUGE fan of the ORANGE! I have a lot of it in my wardrobe too!

    I am a long-term fan of American Idol and Dancing with the Stars and am addicted too. My favorite for American Idol this season is Adam - doesn't he look like Elvis?

    Hope you're having a fun weekend.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone needs a orange wall! (I have one right behind my computer screen as I type;) Love all your bubbles of creativity...it's just oozing out...just some juicy stuff to see! Also, the hair with the owls is just a gorgeous design. Have you seen those 'owl' bags, pens, pencil tins, etc. at Borders?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those orange walls look great... go Hana and Zorana!!! (I love my orange wall in my art room.)
    Zorana the picture with the owls is gorgeous...you are such a talent.
    Really enjoyed all of the eye candy in this post, and lovely to see those little owls inspiring such beautiful art.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's great to try a fun color & give it some pizazz! Kudos

    ReplyDelete