Monday, March 2, 2009

Searching for answers

Searching
My daughter Hana would like to have the walls in her room painted orange. I guess I was trying to prepare for it by painting a 12x12 piece of wood in different shades of orange and red. I really like the colors, but am not sure that they would look good on the wall.
This was really fun to paint. I added elements from one of my collage sheets, including words ("As long as one keeps searching, the answers come"). It is always interesting to reuse fragments from previous paintings. I think these too woodburned guys are my favorite detail on the painting.
It's listed on etsy.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! Love the vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...ther's that red hair and green eyes again. My hair is not so red anymore...I had to stop coloring it. But my eyes are still green.
    My parents always let me paint my room however I wanted. But with me it was design over color. In high school I painted my walls paisley.
    Let her do it...what does Sharon say? It's only paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Orange painting....and your faces...

    Thanks for pointing out about the link on my blog.

    I like Orange when I add maroon, purple, and other analogous colors with it...then it is so jewel and rich.

    Another way it looks good is Terra cotta and dark green or blue green

    And finally a coral color with soft blue.

    I have to edge into Orange too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. she's just lovely - my favourite, a green-eyed, redheaded beauty :o) i just adore orange - it's the colour of creativity, you know - so pleeeeease let hana paint her walls... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the orange ... and those trees !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the painting with its vibrant colors. And as for your daughter's room....it's only paint and if it makes her happy, why not!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your painting. i was admiring the top right hand corner (especially the three birds-in-flight like marks) when my sister pointed out the squirrel and bunny. yay! so lovely and sweet.

    if you can't handle an entire room of orange, let her paint just one wall. then you both can decide whether or not you'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Orange is perfect for your painting and proabaly for you daughter's room!

    ReplyDelete