Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day 8

She needed to be surrounded by beauty.

Would you believe that I looked at myself in the mirror while painting this... She looks NOTHING like me, which speaks volumes about my skills. But I did paint what I was thinking about and how I was feeling. I could hardly wait to get home from work today. For some reason sitting in a not-very-pretty space with no windows made me feel constricted and angry. I didn't have a plan for the painting - the white flowers showed up, and I even added some tiny glitter and the world was better when I finished painting it.

7 comments:

  1. This is so soft in colors and so expressive in the eyes and face. thank you, wanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Art is the best therapy. It reminds me of dogwood blossoms. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your journal pages are wonderful...you don't need to apologize for your skill...you are an amazing and wonderful artist.
    Your time with Sharon sounds so very special...lucky you, lucky Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know this is amazing, don't you? And yes to me it does look like you. And did you do another yet? You know I love the beautiful pinkish skintones.
    I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post...I am so glad your day improved coming home and doing some art therapy.
    Gorgeous face peeping through the beautiful white flowers...she must be a taurean wanting to be surrounded by beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's beautiful! I love her eyes and her mouth....and all the soft, white flowers surrounding her. You just keep painting more incredible pictures every day. Keep them coming!!!

    ReplyDelete