Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day 10

I skipped a day... Too much work at work, long hours... all I could do last evening was to watch a movie and go to sleep early. Today I continue journaling, following Misty's self-portrait week.This is so difficult! And interesting. And challenging. I searched for a photo that doesn't have me looking straight into the camera and stopped at this one:
And while I tried to paint it (don't I look mean in the painting?), I went back in my mind to early May last year and remembered the lovely, long weekend that my dh and gifted to ourselves. I had to go back and look at other photos and couldn't stop before I made this little collage. Now I think I will go and carve a little stamp. Hope your weekend is going well! xo

9 comments:

  1. i love the portrait, lovely zorana!! the colours are just wonderful :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could never look mean!

    It's nice to be able to go back and revisit those fond memories. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't have mean in you my dear!! I think you did an outstanding job on this self portrait...I am loving watch each journal page unfold!!!!
    As I commented to S I am souly regretting that I was not able to sit with you two geniuses during her visit.
    Sometimes life gets in the way of the things we really want to do. I am hoping one day she will return...
    I am so very happy your visit together was so joyful!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, first off all, I don't see "mean". I see YOU and I love it. And I also love the photo. Your beauty and happiness is shinning and showing.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also don't see mean at all. The portrait is lovely. You did an awesome job,

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope, no mean there! It's a lovely photo of you and a wonderful painting.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think you look mean at all. You have done a beautiful job with your self portrait. Love the collage of photo's too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the photo and your painting of it...wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your vacation pics and the one of you. You don't look mean either in the one you did of yourself.

    ReplyDelete