Saturday, November 1, 2008

I dare you

That was the title of Sharon's post. So I tried... and didn't like the result. What happens when you create a page in your journal that you don't like? Either gesso over it and start again. Or decide to live with it and write on the page how you feel about it. That was my choice for this page. You can't even see how ugly it is. Among many poor choices, I used interference green (which is usually subtle and pretty), but here it is simply hideous... I tried to hide it, but it is still peeking through layers. The more I look at the page, the more it makes me smile. Creating is definitely a great stress release... even when the results are far from what we wanted.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Zorana. I think your page turned out lovely after all your work and it all came together well, even though it wasn't the look you intended originally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously you may not like this page, but it really is beautiful. The face is so inquisitive, as though asking " what are you talking about?" She is almost alive. You may be too close to it to see. Put it away then come back to it. I think you'll see it in a different light! You made me realize we don't need absolute perfection to put out a really great piece!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I surprised you are not happy with it, because I think it looks really great!! I really love the layers and her face is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This page makes me smile too. And you know how I adore how you can journal in you journal. Not me. I freeze when writing "feelings" right out in the open. But fun is what it is all about. Art is fun.
    By the way, what is wrong with her face, she is in her castle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My curly hair theory applies to this page as well...we all love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so tough on yourself...I like this page! Its just different to what you normally do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zorana, I love it !!!
    Please, Stop being so hard on yourself. You are Fabulous.
    BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, your "Art TALENT'.
    Hugs, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! Just because you don't like something doesn't mean others won't like it. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it too! And I adore those birds,,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Zorana
    I wish I had done this page! I would be very happy with it - Giggles is right, don't look at it for a few days then go back.
    I'm so glad I found your blog...I love it! (Thanks Sharon!)
    Linda :-)

    ReplyDelete