Saturday, February 9, 2008

Restrained

Although I adore horses I never tried to sketch or paint one. But this is the day when I had to. I was given a number and it was explained to me how to use an ugly, old, square machine. I will have to punch in my number not only when I come to work and leave, but also tell it what I'm doing, for how long, when I'm doing something else... I understand that it is not (only) to control me, but to help them see the amount of time that's spent on each project so that they know how much to bill the clients. But..... I immediately had a picture of a wild horse that someone is trying to tie down and I hate that. The picture didn't leave my mind, so I had to try and paint a sad horse in my journal.

6 comments:

  1. That does not sound like fun. I'm not too good with restraints or being held on a tight leash! I think your horse tells the story of how you feel about it. I hope it isn't something you'll have to do for a long time....maybe it's just an experiment for a short while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, you are amazing with this horse and the way you just laid the colors down to become a horse. But then I spied that little patch of green around the edges and thought, there's that green that I love and it is just in the distance...the perimeter, which then made me notice the black background. And I thougt verrrrry interrrresting that she chose black for the background. I wondered if that was on purpose or if it just happened. Well, anyway in addition to being perfect, I think it says a lot. And that is what ART is suppose to do.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you can find a way to break free soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel for you. I had a job once where we had to account for every minute (bathroom time included)and everything was counted and you had to make quota for every hour.And someone was always watching you.
    The horse is great. What type of pen did you use for the writing?
    Have a great week.
    suze:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you accomplished your goal. Well done! Happy Valentines day Z!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you will never be just a number...love the painting...i have missed you...hugs, r

    ReplyDelete