Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Evolution of a journal page

I never give up on my journal pages... even when they begin tragically like this one. I started this page last Friday after work. I felt very happy that the week was over and wanted to paint a happy face. In some strange way it turned out to be a lady from the purple hat society... Not what I wanted.
A layer of gesso took care of her... but the girl that emerged wasn't what I imagined either. I thought that the background is wrong, so I changed it. It wasn't that; everything was wrong... I started cutting papers that were laying around, stamping, painting some more... Not the best page, but good enough to stay in the journal. Best of all - it's not the page that counts, it's the process, the time I spent lost in the world of colors, texture and all the good stuff.
Do you see the crackled detail on the page? I don't shop often for supplies (I have enough), but I had to go to a scrapbook store to buy 'Artful Blogger' (to look at Sharon's pages and Janet's lady) and I saw this product. Maybe you all know about it.... and maybe it's not that great... but I bought a bottle and found it fun to use. It dries fairly quickly and gives an interesting layer to a page.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Zorana! You're the master of paint..It doesn't surprise me that you are able to re-work your pages so wonderfully!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the journal page. Did you know that you can use Elmer's glue to get a crackle finish too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little gal is so sweet with her flower petal hat! Thank you for sharing how you sometimes make things you don't like, and then re-do them into something completely different. And thank you for mentioning my lady!!

    I haven't tried that brand of crackle paint but I've used some others in the past. I like the time worn look it produces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you show us the WIP...something I'm always meaning to do but never remember to... :O)

    Thanks for sharing Zo!
    Kat :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been lingering here giggling about your purple hat remark. We love seeing your step-by-step. As if purple hat lady has a secret and you kept at her until she spilled it. I think she is saying with a wink, "we can all be flower princesses if we work at it"

    The crakle stuff is new to me and I would sure go for 1 step stuff. What color did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, now I'm playing with your comments. Something I learned yesterday and want to try here. Its about putting in the url

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, so I'm still trying this. Now I'm going to check the little nickname block and put in the url

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, here is what happens. With the last comment where I checked the nickname block and put the url: 1. my little pic doesn't show up. But if you click on "sharon@norah's" it takes you directly to my blog without going to the profile page. Just putting in the URL without check the nickname block still only takes you to my profile page.
    Here is my question. Did you get and e-mail notice of all 3 comments?
    I'm sure there is someother way I could have figured this out but you know me and my impulses.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sharon are you finished? Ha ha! I love the crackled effect.Did Katydiddy tell you how to use the Elmer's glue? Is your castle a stamp?
    suze:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love seeing the steps you took in your journal. you are right it is all about the process-i have remind myself of this frequently. :) i love the end result!

    ReplyDelete