Sunday, April 15, 2007

Tree cutout

Here are my new journal pages. I don't know if it shows well on the photo - I cut out a tree silhouette in the middle page, so different images peek through if you turn it to the left or right side.I played with flower petals, distress embossing powder, transparencies and Golden self-leveling gel.... and as a result got some pretty interesting texture (that unfortunately you can't see on the scan).
The tree cutout is heavily textured, so it is a nice contrast to the shiny page beneath.This was fun! Maybe my dry spell if gone....

8 comments:

  1. OMG, this is amazing. I have never seen a cutout in the middle of a book. Did you just dream that up. Can I copy you? This is so inspriational. Oh mercy, I need to go to bed and now I won't be able to sleep for thinking of this page and how I can do one. I'm trying to get caught up on reading blogs so now I have to go look some more here before moving on.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful ! I can't wait to see it in person...to hold it and feel the energy. You truly are such an inspiration. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really lovely. The colours and images are so rich too. I've cut out a heart in the middle of a book but just hadn't made the leap to cutting out a fancy design. Liking the idea lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is soooo cool! You just always inspire me....but I'm still in my slump.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This truly is beautiful, Zorana. You'll have to teach us how to do this cut-out stuff when you teach your workshop in Corona :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOw- this is really amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this one! Even the idea of it is intriguing to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zorana

    I love what you have done here! The tree is a wondeful idea. And looks so effective.
    I think your dry spell is over too.

    Am going through a bit of a dry spell myself. But am actually enjoying the break (and getting more sleep too!).

    I often look the ATC's you have sent me and marvel at your creative talent. And of course, have Eric my birdy to keep me company. And remind me of your giving heart.

    ReplyDelete