Saturday, April 14, 2007

Stitched cards

I'm still suffering from a lack of focus, energy, creative block... however I call it - I don't like it. I spent hours and hours yesterday cleaning my work space. I went through all the big and little drawers, papers, paints... I even threw away some work that I hated but kept for who knows what reason... I hoped that that will help me. In a way it did... My clean table looked very inviting, but when I sat at it today - I had no idea what to do. That is highly unusual for me...
So rather than whining and complaining I decided to do something.... anything. I saw a card I recently received from Sharon and that gave me the push to play. It was fun and at least I accomplished something.
Other than that - my friend Connie and I signed up for Micheal deMeng's class in June! I can't believe that he will be teaching a class in Berkeley and that I'll have an opportunity to learn some of his techniques!!!

6 comments:

  1. WOWieeeEEE! Zo! I'm jealous now!!! I can't wait to seeeeeeeeeeee your new creations!in June! Will YOU teach me then??? ;)These art techniques, they are endless aren't they???!!! Happy Sunday! xoCinda ps. I want to try that stitching! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....I've heard about DeMeng so I hope you share a little of your new knowledge when you take the class.

    I think what you accomplished today is fantastic. I'm still in a creative slump....nothing seems to be happening so I'm not forcing it. I go sit in my studio and daydream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Zorana, I love that you were inspried to stitch cards. The are so beautiful. If you were having a creative block, I don't think is was showing. You do so much and what I love is that you try new stuff all the time. And I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great, I love everything you do!
    Now when in June and where in Berkeley is Michael's workshop. I looked on his site but don't see it listed. Being that it's fairly local I am really interested. I hear he's a great teacher too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are absolutely stunning!
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete