Saturday, January 13, 2007

Look what I made:A chunky bracelet!
I always wanted to make one, but the kit I recently purchased from Belinda made me really do it. This is so much more than a bracelet. I wish you could come and have a glass of wine with me (coffee, tea) and I could tell you stories while we explore my bracelet. I would tell you that the big blue glass bead is from a necklace I bought one hot summer while traveling through Turkey when I was 13 (I chose it, my mom bought it). It hung from a leather cord and I remember how I loved wearing it. I found the butterfly with missing rhinestones while walking Hana to school when she was first grade. There is an angel right next to it that was a gift from my sister. Cat - a favorite pendant from ages ago... Many more things with special meanings only for me.
Once I strung my treasures I was afraid that I will loose them and not notice it. That was a problem. Then my personal superhero came to the rescue (thank you Sasha). He showed me how to solder and I spent the evening happily soldering every single jump ring until everything was secure. Now I can wear it and enjoy the sounds, colors, textures, shapes and memories all at the same time. It feels so good and it makes me happy.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!!!!!


    Maybe I'll try to make one... I supose it has a magikal power, at last.


    kssss!

    k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT's what a charm bracelet is for!! To hold precious memories for the wearer - hence store-bought charm bracelets just don't 'work'!
    It's truly beautiful, Zorana, and something to keep and maybe pass on to Hana - along with all the treasured stories :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish I could come and hear all the stories about this beautiful bit of art you have made. I hear the jingle jangle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love chunky jewelry and this bracelet is gorgeous....even more so because of all the treasures and special memories that it holds. This is a family treasure to be handed down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SWEET ZORANA!!! This will become a heirloom for sure!!! I might have to make one! and THANKS!!!!!!!!! for the help on my pic!!! LOL Phew!!! Thank GOD for friends!!! Love you! xo, Cinda

    ReplyDelete