Saturday, January 13, 2007

Bird/tea once again

Thank you, thank you, thank you for comments on my tea painting. I appreciate every one of them and I think that you are all right. Yes, it could have used more stamping and layers in the background, and yes - I could have done something with the edges, and yes Cinda - the birdie could use a rose somewhere... but I'm afraid to touch it now, so I will use all the suggestions for the next painting. There will be a follow up - I loved the idea of 'tea for two'. As for my constant trouble of perceiving myself as an artist, I guess I'll fight that as I go along (and try not to bother anyone with it too often). To be honest, I think I liked the painting too much to accept that I did it and that it was okay to like it. Does that make sense? Let's go to the opposite side of the spectrum - I think it should be in a museum like in the following photo: I'm joking, of course. I found this link on Isabella's blog and had fun with it. Give it a try!

3 comments:

  1. Wowieeee! I LOVE that as a museum piece!!! I'll try that, that looks like FUN! I have a piece right now I don't like too much! hee hee It's scary looking! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a fabulous photo, Zorana! I think you should play like that whenever your gremlins start muttering 'you're not an artist' which of course you most certainly are!!
    I loved the tea for two idea too - can't wait to see what you come up with...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious! I love it. You have a great sense of humor. I love your blog!! :) Always puts a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete