Thursday, January 11, 2007

Is this finished?

I had the painting bug today and loved painting this 8"x 8" piece, but then I became frustrated because I am not sure what to do with it.
Artists know when something is done... or when it isn't - they know what to do to finish it. I don't have a clue. That's how I know that I am not a real artist. One minute I love the colors and don't think that it needs anything. The next minute I think that it may be too simple. Maybe because I didn't collage as I usually do... I added just the tall hat and words, everything else is painted.
Help.... please..... Art critique needed and welcomed. :-(

6 comments:

  1. Morning, Zorana!
    I too love the colours and the composition, and I think the painting itself is finished.
    Do you feel it's maybe missing something round the edges - the image is very central...
    How about adding some texture - like a fabric or lace border...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think maybe the hat needs something more! lol but what do I know??? I'm like you Zo! Sometimes I feel like I am NOT an artist!maybe the birdie needs just a little rose beside his head! but that would be my painting then,(I've been putting roses onto my creature's heads here lately, lol) it's just FINE the way it is too! YOU are an artist!!! Sweet Dreams sweetie! because of the Time difference I know you should be asleep right now as I type this!lol xo, Cinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the rose idea...seeing as how the teacup has roses....i always feel good when i tuck a flower behind my ear
    :0]i think it's done (& lovely)but maybe you could do a follow up not so solo
    maybe tea for 2?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it as is but I could also see some stamped textures or patterns added to the background for more visual depth.

    You are definately a true artist. Most full time artists I know have the same issues with wondering if something is done or not. Art is all so subjective. Depends on what you're trying to say I suppose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yeah i forgot to say
    Of Course you are a real artist!
    silly.

    ever since i found your blog
    i've come here to look at your artistry and have never thought you weren't one!

    ReplyDelete