Tuesday, September 19, 2006

New tags from old art

I was not very creative today... My arm hurts and my energy level is extra low... I was looking at photos of my ACEOs and collages and decided to turn some of them into tags. I like the way they look... we'll see if someone else does too. They are on eBay and etsy.Hana said that 'everyone' in school says that she's ugly... I'm sure that it's not true, but it bothers me that I can't protect her from the world. I don't understand children. It was much easier when they were babies and I controlled almost everything. I 'binged' on books in the library. One of the six books I chose is "Cliques - 8 steps to help your child survive the social jungle". I hope to learn something from it. The other books are "Creativity & Madness", "Sewing for Dummies", "The Fitness Kitchen", "Drawing - you can do it" & "Drawing people".

7 comments:

  1. Hi Zorana, Pleeease tell Hana she is truly beautiful - both on the outside and in the in :o) Her hair just shines in the pic of her and the bag! How old is she? Kids can indeed be so cruel - girls esp. - and it is a constant worry... All we poor mums can do is keep telling our kids how wonderful they are. Sam has been my 'gorgeous boy' since birth, and Esther is my 'beautiful poppet'. I just have to trust that they can believe this for themselves. I'll never stop telling them - even when they're 50!!! Love 'n' hugs to you both across the ether...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say... I love the tags :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Zorana, Hana is gorgeous. Would you remind her that it's the girls that are jealous of her good looks that would say something like that. She has a beautiful glow about her. Her real friends see her real beauty.

    The tags are wonderful! I love the colors!! Great job!

    also, on a side note, I got my artfest packet today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww Zorana! I am sorry for you and Hana! Yes, girls are cruel, i forget how they are in jr. high and high school! I'll say some special prayers for your little beauty! xoXO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zorana your new tags are really beautiful!
    My heart just broke reading what the kids at school have said to your very beautiful daughter. I have 4 daughters who have all survived jr. high now. It was the absolute worst years for the cliques and cruelties of other girls, but the light at the end of the tunnel is Freshman year. The year that each one of them discovered life beyond the cliques. It will happen for Hana too. It is so true (and so sad) that the more beautiful she is, the more likely the other girls will pick on her out of jealousy. She's lucky to have such a creative mother as you. Thinking from a creative brain can truly help her to overcome these obstcles and turn them into assets!
    (whoops I wrote a book!)
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  6. pleaz tell Hana from me~ "I think she is gorgeous!!" xo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello, i found you thru a wild blog chase about the wee squares! i just had to post because of hana. i had to go back and try to find the pic of the "ugly" girl because there was no ugly girl! she's beautiful -- and being adults, we can see what she'll ook like when she's a woman -- and she's going to be absolutely stunning. if only she could know that now. heartbreaking is what it is, and no, you can't protect your babies and that just sucks, doesn't it? big hugs from one mom to another, shoshanah

    ReplyDelete