Monday, September 18, 2006

This is what I made today:

My first bag ever!!! It has transparencies and my ACEOs printed on muslin, crazy stitching with the coolest multi-colored thread, a flower-like decoration and it even has a lining (like a real bag)!!! I can't believe I made it! Not that it's that great, but because it's my first.
When I was a little girl I used to spend many happy hours at our neighbors house. I was thinking about her all day... She was a seamstress and had an old machine with a wheel on the side. There was also a big box of fabric scraps and I was allowed to take whatever I wanted. Unfortunately, I was too little to learn anything... and I never wanted to sew - until NOW! What possessed me - I don't know, but I just had to try this.
I found a tutorial here and experimented.
15" x 9" (straps are 15").

5 comments:

  1. OMG... I'm so proud of you! You jumped right in and LOOK what you made. It's FABULOUS.
    See you soon! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bag! Beautiful stitching on it and I love that flower decoration- very earthy and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Zorana, you're literally bursting at the seams with creativity - pardon the pun :o) I bet your daughter claims that bag pretty quickly! I know mine would!! There must be something in the air inspiring us to sew - I've been playing with sewing on paper - following an article in one of my stamping magazines. I love the effect it gives and the added texture... Blessings, Claire

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember those days, but she always made some dolls for us. I can see you are expending your talent. I am proud of you, and you should be proud of yourself.
    Love, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's AWESOME Zo!!! Thanks for the link to the tuturoyal!!! lol Can't spell that right now!!! I'd love to get some of my collages on a purse or something! Just haven't been ambitious enough to seeeeeeeeeeeeee how you do it!

    ReplyDelete