Thursday, January 23, 2014

101 BIRDS - Painting #39

I did as I said I would in the previous post. I set the timer for one hour, found a piece of paper that has been pre-cut for my bird series (8"x10") and attacked it. It wasn't difficult to find a reference photo, as walking on this beach is still very fresh in my mind.
I picked these two and did my loose interpretation of the scene.
While I was painting, my dear neighbor was kind to bring me oranges she just picked from her tree, and I couldn't resist snapping a picture to remind me how simple moments like this one make life wonderful :-)
So, this is painting #39. I better speed up with this series, if I ever want to see it finished. Luckily, I enjoy painting birds so much that it shouldn't be a problem.
If you want to see other paintings from my 101 Birds series click here.
xoxo

11 comments:

  1. I love this painting and the others in the series!

    And those oranges look fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracious goodness! I just reviewed the series so far... they're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, so wonderfully and lovely sweet Zorana! I already know how beautiful your bird paintings quilt will be! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your birds series, wonderful paintings. These two birds look very purposeful as if they are going to an important meeting. I also liked seeing the photograph you used as inspiration, that made the painting all the more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very amazing!!! I love how you captured this! Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum beautiful oranges
    and from a friend makes them even better

    your painting is wonderful
    i can feel the spirit of seagulls when i look at it

    i have never done a timed piece it feels tempting

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fab painting..I love going near water and those oranges look delicious

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're lovely and you made the painting so quickly! I'm painting coastal scenes at the moment, I do miss the sea!
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete