Sunday, December 8, 2013

How I used the acrylic skin

I love it (the acrylic skin)! You don't really see it, unless you are looking for it - it just melts into the collage. I found an old painting, cut it in half and used it as a base for my collage. The only remaining visible part is the heart. Everything else is a mixture of different papers I had on the desk.
I often sketch little birdies on anything available. They are quick, simple sketches, but I can't make myself throw them away. The above one was sketched on a napkin, the other one on sticky paper.
 I wanted a little journal with soft covers for a while now, and couldn't find anything "exactly" as I want it in store. Don't know why I didn't think of making it myself in the first place. My stitching is not the best (working in almost complete dark is my excuse)  but it is still good enough to make me happy.
Danielle wrote that acrylic skin looks like a wax painting, and I smiled when I read it because at that moment I was adding an encaustic layer on top of my collage. 
I love how the sketch done on a napkin disappears into the collage...
At the end - a quick answer to Heather (as I don't have her email address, and don't want to seem rude by not answering her question). The crackle I used on my angel is the same or similar crackle to the one you describe - the one you rub a darker color on when it is dry and cracks show up. You can find more information about different products I use in a post I wrote here. Hope this helps!

7 comments:

  1. This looks amazing!!! So very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much Zorana - want to reach thrugh the screen and touch it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous. I sometimes miss your posts. Do you have a way to subscribe by email?

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU SO MUCH, for sharing about the crackle. I will go the post you recommended. XX Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your book cover. Thanks for sharing how you created them

    ReplyDelete