Tuesday, November 19, 2013

When life gives you paint spills...

When life gives you paint spills, you PAINT!
Do you see that big blob of white paint? It was one of three blobs that happened when an open jar of new titanium white paint fell on the floor. Actually, not floor, the carpet. The only place in our home that has a carpet is my studio... It was there when we purchased the house, and it stayed even though it makes no sense. This is not the first time that paint splattered on it.
 I keep some of my big journals on the floor, so - of course - the paint found them. What do you do? Use the paint and quickly make something. I am not in the best mood today. I slept very poorly, and I noticed that at my age even one bad night translates into a day of low energy and not the best attitude. 
 There was no way that any blending and shading were going to happen, so I just attacked the cover of the journal with bold paint strokes and messy lines. And I loved it! It might become a new standard for me.... the freer the better :-)
Or maybe not. Maybe if I get a good night of sleep, I might start feeling normal again :-) Until then, I hope you enjoy the expressiveness of this face as much as I enjoyed painting it.

4 comments:

  1. So horrifying when spills happen isn't it? Love the way you dealt with it though. Looks like fun, sleep or not. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. O love them - I think muse angel sent this spill to you to show you a new technique...
    a bit the way like when life gives you lemons - make lemonade..or so...

    wonderful !
    I found for myself that if I am more patient with me and what happensto me I can take something wonderful out if each situation..... and some of the very bad things turned out as a gift at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Accident with a happy ending! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You saved it! I remember last time I splattered, it was yellow. OMG, it went all over, carpet included, trashcan, paper, ... you name it, it was a big splashy mess hahaha
    I hope you get to sleep better, but just remember, babies get crabby too if they don't get their sleep :oD
    Thanks for sharing this ♥

    ReplyDelete