Monday, November 18, 2013

Empty Journal Spreads

This is a big, thick, heavy journal and it doesn't look like it in this picture at all.
Which probably means that I have a freakishly large hand...
I LOVE my journal, but I'm almost not using it at all. Last year I managed to easily fill in a whole book, but this year.... many spreads are left without one single word. I think it is a thing of habit; I either write almost daily, or stop completely. Right now I stopped even painting in my journal, because it feels wrong to have so many "unfinished" pages.
You may have noticed that I don't really work in "spreads". Sometimes, when I have leftover color or feel like it. Mostly I just open to a blank page and don't even think if it looks good with the page next to it. As my daughter once said, "I wish I had a word counter in my head. It would probably be a scary big number of words that constantly go through there." Maybe I should sit down and write something now, as I too have a scary big number of words in my head and they might like to get out and live on these pages.

2 comments:

  1. amazing ! Thank you for sharing! Thank you also for your last video.. so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, I especially love the collage with the music notes!

    ReplyDelete