Friday, October 11, 2013

Reflection, journal page + Video

I finished the painting I showed in progress in this post, and then decided to have a little photo-shoot with her. Don't know why, probably because I used earthy tones to paint her, and the leaves are so beautiful now... I quickly noticed that glass and sun create reflections and that what I wanted to capture isn't happening. Interestingly enough, when I later looked at the photos the ones I liked the most were the ones that showed reflected flowers, tree or me in the painting.
I wanted to have her face in my journal too, so I made a very quick and impatient transfer.
I recorded a video in double speed, and for the first time tried to do voice over. I enjoy listening to other artists explain what they are doing, and as hard as it is, wanted to try it. Please excuse my manly voice, the different levels of sound and everything else... it is a learning curve, and this is just my first try :-);

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I learned how to transfer a painting onto paper with gel medium. Thanks ever so much. You are good! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That was interesting to watch! Thank you Zorana! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so serene! That frame looks perfect on her, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think your voice is manly....it's so nice to hear what you sound like :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I loved watching this magic happen!
    And your voice is rich~not manly ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know this technique, thanks so much for sharing it. The image looks lovely! Jess x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANKS FOR THE VIDEO! You did a very good job especially for your first time. Your video reaffirms what I already know... "there's no mistakes in art".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Zorana, all of it! About the olives still soaking in fresh water. Don't think I will try this again though. I think I will have too many olives and too few friends to give them too, I should have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great video! I enjoyed watching you work and the music was perfect. It convey the the emotions behind art making. And your voice is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your painting is so captivating! Couldn't resist writing even before I watched the video...now let me watch it..

    ReplyDelete