Saturday, June 1, 2013

Love your inner bunny

 Do you ever feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders? That everyone you know is telling you their worries and sad stories because they know you will understand? And sometimes it overflows, it simply becomes too much...
I recently woke up in a daze, shaking and whispering nonsense... completely traumatizing my poor husband.  It took me a while to understand what is happening, and I finally managed to tell him. I was already in my safe spot when I could whisper in his ear that I feel like a white bunny, scared out of it's mind, shivering but unable to move or do anything.  Surrounded by warmth, love and understanding soon I felt better, but the echo of the feeling remained.
Later in the day, as I was driving, I had a strong picture in my head... I knew exactly what I want to do and couldn't wait to start. As soon as I came home, I opened a package of paper clay, found a square piece of wood and let it flow out. I am so happy with the result! It shows exactly what I was feeling, and the love that somehow always cures everything. I love my bunny! 
Interesting thing is that as soon as I woke and saw the image of the bunny in my mind, I immediately decided to treat myself. Not to judge whether I should be stronger, or process things differently... I just thought of a scared animal and with how much kindness and gentleness we approach it, and decided that it is the same way we should treat ourselves. So I did. And maybe some of you are stressed out and overwhelmed and need to do the same thing, so that's why I'm sharing. Love your inner bunny, be gentle and caring and soon it will be better.
By the way, I did everything on this painting except paint the eye. I knew that it is a very important part of what I wanted to express and wasn't sure how to go about it. Lucky for me, my daughter is fearless and talented. I simply said what I wanted, and she painted it exactly the way I could only imagine (thank you Hana). 
Happy June!

11 comments:

  1. I love that you painted your inner bunny, there is so much goodness in this, the textures are fabulous and your daughters bunny eye is wonderful too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zorana-do you know the work of Rogene Manas? She makes some amazing things out of paperclay-just google her-I think you would enjoy seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is wonderful! Zorana you could write a book with that description of you waking up in a daze! Beautifully written!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your experience and the beautiful art you created from it. You analyzed the scary feeling...then rationalized it....then created art which expressed the way to handle it. AWESOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. May your cute little bunny help you overcome fears. It's good to know you have people who love you and support you around.
    Love it.. love the idea of making it 3D :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous. I love the idea of creating it out of paper clay, it adds such wonderful depth and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful way to work through those feelings....and a great message, too...to be kind with ourselves. We deserve some gentleness now and then :)

    What a great piece, Zorana!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bunny story and the resulting art is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely to find you! Your bunny is so delightful, yes I recognise that frightened feeling to, it has inspired a wonderful piece, your work is so inspiring, will be back to visit Zoranaland! :)

    ReplyDelete