Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Playing with clay

Looking at my digital pages reminded me that I've never shared my brief explorations of precious metal clay. I don't make jewelry, but when my friend Rae (who creates amazing jewelry - take a look at her website www.JesterSwink.com) asked me if I would take a workshop - I couldn't wait. This is my iPad journal page - I love that I can write on it with a stylus and the result looks like my handwriting (somewhat). 
Crucible, silver clay, PMC, jewelry, art, Zorana
We worked with silver and copper clay in different forms. The instructor guided us through many techniques... It is pretty amazing, the creative possibilities seem endless. Here are some of the things I made - some better than others. I didn't worry about the outcome, as this is completely new to me.
Crucible, silver clay, PMC, jewelry, art, Zorana
This is my hollow, domed copper bead. I can't decide what to do with it...
Crucible, copper clay, jewelry, art, Zorana
I wear these earrings all the time. Can't believe that my hands made them (and there are fingerprints in the silver that show it!!!)
Crucible, silver clay, PMC, jewelry, art, Zorana, earrings
I'm so grateful that I had a chance to try something new and can't wait for another workshop in a couple of months where I'll play with PMC one more time :-)
Crucible, silver clay, PMC, jewelry, art, Zorana, earrings

3 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to be able to take a jewelry workshop, Zorana!! love what you've made.
    It's my dream to learn how to make glass jewelry..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's official...you CAN do everything! The earrings are beautiful and I like the necklace in the top right photo. Looks like you had fun in this workshop and have pretty jewelry to wear, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those results are amazing! This may be one of those things I need to try!

    ReplyDelete