Wednesday, November 28, 2012

What makes you feel better?

 I am in a bit of creative slump... I'm sure you know the feeling - you want to create, but don't know what... 
When I feel like that I usually start writing, or sketching silly things and often it leads to brushes and paint. This time, I cut up some of my collage sheets, plopped them on journal pages and started from there.
I was listening to a very long and repetitive book, and mindlessly scribbling, gluing, painting....
I love spending time like that. It helps me relax and rest and at the end I have several colorful additions in my journal. I am also left with a HUGE mess on my table, floor and everywhere around :)
Do you ever reuse some of your images or do you always start with a white page?

7 comments:

  1. I have been in a slump too, must be a seasonal thing!!
    I pretty much always start with a blank page/canvas but you have inspired me to start trying with something I already have done before, I have only recently started to journal (I know I am soooooo late to the party on that one) but it is something I feel of late that I need to do.

    Thank you Zorana for the beautiful art you create that I love looking at and thank you for inspiring me to do something else with mine too.

    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I always start with a new image (I've never realised that until now). Maybe in December I will re-use an image a couple of times and see what I come up with.
    What makes me happy? Creating of course, soothes me, and I often find my self humming away. It also makes me happy when I can cross things off my lists of 'things to do" (I'm not very good at that. Get sidetracked too easily).

    Great post. Thanks Zorana.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you did here is so cool. I never think to use my own images in my journal. I just start with a white page and go from there. Now I'll have to start thinking about this and see what I can do with some of my previous art.

    Are you enjoying the book? I read the first few books in the series...and my son met the author several times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried using my images before....never thought to....but you make cutting and glueing and creating look so fun.....especially when they are all colors and bits and pieces from work you loved in the first place!

    Where have I been? Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so marvelous Zorana. And I know the feelings you had. It happens to me more than once and indeed with a white sheet of paper for me.
    But the reulsts ou very beautiful and creative.
    Lovely greet
    Marja
    (marjkascreativity)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, your paintings certainly make me feel happy inside. We all battle this feeling as creatives, it's frustrating to me sometimes. I wish the feeling was more abundant, but really if it were I'd hardly get anything else done!

    ReplyDelete