Friday, April 20, 2012

Journaling

I found out that, while I prefer the messiness of my studio to create artwork, I need clear space to be able to write. This is the first rose I picked up this year. There are hundreds waiting to open (it must have been all the rain we had, I've never seen so many buds).
I love my journal! I love my journal! I love my journal!
Once I start writing, I can hardly stop. I also enjoy being able to play with different techniques and experiments. In tone of the spreads below you can se "flower" things, that I made from nail polish marbled paper (thanks to amazing Carla Sonheim). I didn't show the close up, but it's really interesting. I really wouldn't know what to do with that paper, except put it in here where it makes me smile. You can also see that I tried making stencils like Judy Wise. I used pictures of my Mom and myself, and while they are far from perfect, I somehow immediately feel comforted when I see them. 
I am still figuring it out, going with the flow and trying to see how I can tie in my style and make it completely my own. I am also trying not to overthink it... which, I am afraid,  is becoming a habit.
Soon I will have to relearn how to actually think :-)
Happy weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Great journal...love how you integrated the images and writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me love ♥ ♥ ♥ your art journal also :) love all the writings incorporated with pictures or paintings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your journal is amazing....I am in utter awe! What an incredible thing to do...just for you...without worrying about selling it, trading it or whether anyone else will like it...

    Sounds like bliss and truly rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love ..... journalling too. Your journal is beautiful Zorana. Like you I love Judy Wise's journalling style. A couple of years ago I enrolled in a workshop over three days she was doing in Australia. Sadly Judy became seriously ill and had to cancel...I hope one day she can come out to Australia again, or maybe do an online journalling workshop with her.
    Really enjoyed seeing your pages. Dont know what it is but I love seeing others journal pages, its sort of a peek into their real life.
    Hope you share more with us soon.

    Jacky xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can see judy's influence, but most of what i see are very zorana themes/images/colour combos...
    just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! Seems that's everyone's reaction to your journal pages. They're so fantastic and I agree with you...I like seeing all the writing on the pages. It adds another layer to everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inspiring journal pages. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful pages, and fun. i found you through Kelly Kilmer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really enjoyed seeing your pages. I just finished an online journaling class with Judy Wise and loved it. I also found you thru Kelly. I envy your ability to write- that's the part I have trouble with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Zorana, Oh these journals are rich. I have liked Judy's way of journaling too. Haven't tried it though. Did you take her journaling class or just wing it? I think the journals are definitely you. I really like them. I have gotten out of writing very much in my journals and want to get back to that. Words are so powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I love your style of journaling.

    ReplyDelete