Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Focused

 I became a lazy blogger again... painting and playing, but not showing.
That is changing today. I am going to blog so much that you will run away screaming!
I finished the big (72" x 36") commissioned triptych. 
 It was very true at the time, I remember feeling lost in anything that was larger than 2.5" x 3.5". And while I still love the little format, painting big is wonderful too.
The above picture shows the 3 canvas boards that I used to test the colors (9x12") on top of finished canvases. My studio is so small, that I had to go through different acrobatic techniques to paint it, but I really enjoyed it and hope to do something similar again.

12 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous.....i love the colors and the composition.....just beautiful......your client will love them.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely luscious colors and intriguing composition!!!! LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I really love this! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heehee....I suddenly imagined a yoga/painting class where everyone was holding a difficult pose with paintbrush in hand, contorting to reach their canvas.....yogart?

    Haha!

    My, those are big! Just love what you did with them....those colors are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours great work ;0) Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous what a great composition. Ande fibrant colors, lovely too.
    I love the big once very much.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so beautiful Zorana - I am still tip toeing around working on larger canvases... Only have done a couple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work! I'm used to working small and want to make enormous canvases like I used to, it's not easy to change!
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, the blue color is beautiful! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous. I just took BIG with Connie at Dirty Footprints studio. I ended up painting on paper 3 ft by 4 ft and it was fabulous. I really loved going big

    ReplyDelete